In a perfect world:
- Children would NOT be tested on how well they can memorize materials presented in an old-fashioned method of lecture and recitation.
- Children would be able to explore their environment, guided by their teachers, to learn at their own speed and at their own interest levels.
- Children would learn because of intrinsic motivation, rather than the need for high grades and to please adults.
- Curricula would encompass all learning styles, abilities, and interests.
We don’t live in that perfect world, but Entelechy Education, LLC knows that children can benefit from a fun learning experience early in their educational careers. When that fun learning experience combines concrete facts with amusing creatures in a story structure that encourages discussion about character education and extended learning, we approximate that perfect world. The concept of STEM-C works!
The strategy of Entelechy Education, LLC is multi-faceted and includes:
(1) The creation of a new brand, based upon anthropomorphic development of the basic sub-atomic particles: proton (Priti), neutron (Ning), and electron (Ellie).
(2) Development of a basic K-5 STEM-C framework regarding subject content for young learners.
(3) Development of a basic K-5 STEM-C framework for character traits necessary for personal and professional success
(4) Integration of STEM-C content with character development traits into a new framework that can be easily implemented in all elementary classrooms.
Each book in our EnteleTrons® series presents a single STEM concept that widens a child’s world a bit larger. It extends the child’s universe to include information previously hidden because he or she simply did not know it existed. Each book also presents concepts in character development that help a child become a responsible citizen in his school, his home, and his community.
By using the series as part of a Language Arts curriculum based on Core Content Standards, teachers can awaken in their students an enthusiasm for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math while helping them to become solid world citizens. Parents will jumpstart their children in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Character education.
Look at our titles now: EnteleTrons