- Young people can volunteer in nursing homes to help senior citizens understand how to use a computer or even a cell phone so they can communicate more frequently with their families. (Technology)
- Students can be mentors for younger or struggling students who need extra help understanding difficult topics like robotics and physics. (Science)
- Youth groups can organize a neighborhood clean-up effort using a spreadsheet to keep track of the people who were helped and the volunteers who participated. (Technology)
- Families might get permission to set up a table at the local grocery store to offer assistance understanding food labels or nutrition data. (Food science)
- An alert young person can find a need at the school or in the community, and then design a solution to that problem that can be easily implemented. (Engineering)
Now go on a treasure hunt to find all the kindness and caring in our books - you'll find those attributes in every one of our books. Post comments below when you find them!